With a wealth of structural experience, we have grown to specialize in dealing with problem areas in owners’ buildings and other structures. Our associated construction background gives us a unique understanding of the constructibility of various potential design solutions for each structural problem.
Gary Sheats, Owner. 704.361.6311
© 2016 Sheats Consulting, PLLC & Sheats Construction, LLC, ALL Rights Reserved.
Charlotte, NC based.
HOW WE CAN HELP...
Sheats Consulting PLLC is a consulting engineering firm specializing in structural engineering. The firm was authorized as a professional firm by the NC Board of Engineering and Land Surveying in 2014, but our engineering experience spans over 30 years.
Sheats Consulting PLLC provides structural design for commercial and residential buildings and other structures. We are experienced in evaluating structural issues involving assessment of structural capacity, investigating damage, and designing repairs for damaged structural components.
- Structural design for new construction
- Condition assessment for existing buildings
- Construction observation for structural components (structural framing, reinforcing steel for structural concrete, etc.)
- Structural component design, i.e retaining wall design in reinforced concrete, masonry, or segmental block walls, framing design for new openings, and analysis of existing framing for new use or additional loads.
Industrial and Warehouse Buildings
- Structural design for new or expanded buildings
- Design of special equipment foundations, craneway-related design, etc.
- Structural design for new residential construction
- Pre-purchase inspections and inspections during construction process
- Inspection, evaluation, and resolution for structural issues resulting from home inspection reports during purchase process.
About Sheats Consulting PLLC - Overview
- Sheats Consulting PLLC is a consulting engineering firm located in Charlotte, NC. Sheats Consulting PLLC provides structural analysis and design, and forensic investigations to the architectural and construction industry and directly to building owners.
- We are dependable and provide quality services. We are conscientious and able to address, communicate, and resolve technical problems in an effective and thorough manner. We are able to combine theoretical concepts with practical applications to produce efficient structural solutions. We are experienced in producing documents that are highly constructible, incorporating design details that are practical.
- Registered Professional Engineer licenses in following states:
LEED Accredited Professional (BD+C)
Green Building Certification Institute, License 10400830
August 2005 – Present
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI), License 1423756
July 2011 – Present
Firm Professional Engineering Services
North Carolina Board of Examiners, License P-1348
NC Board of Engineers and Land Surveyors, License 012361
February 1985 – Present
SC State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors, License 10661
June 1985 – Present
Georgia Secretary of State, Professional Licensing Boards Division, License 038475
December 2013 – Present
At Sheats Construction LLC, we understand what it takes to provide you a facility, home, or renovation that “works” for you. We take pride in our craftsmanship and look forward to the opportunity to demonstrate that for you as we have for others.
The design/build process may be an approach you prefer. If you need assistance in developing the details or layout of the project you have in mind, we can put together a design team to help with that so that the completed project construction fully meets your needs.
We are experienced in
- warehouse distribution,
- interior renovations,
- and light industrial/manufacturing.
Construction observation for structural components (structural framing, reinforcing steel for structural concrete, etc.)
- We are experienced in new home construction, remodeling, kitchen and bath renovations and structural framing and foundation repairs.
Our critical attention to detail spans everything from making sure communication is clear to creating realistic budgets and implementing reliable construction schedules. Here are some of our detail-oriented processes:
• Conduct initial evaluation + recommendations
• Review schematic design + preliminary pricing
• Participate in design development
• Lead specialized vendor selection
• Develop specific construction pricing + schedule
• Select appropriate on-site Sheats team
• Negotiate construction agreement authorization
• Conduct team pre-construction meeting
• Schedule regular client meetings
• Prepare ongoing budget audit + schedule tracking
• Obtain final homeowner + design team approval
• Complete project closeout
What else do we keep track of? Strategic and appropriate sustainability. Whenever possible, we find ways to recycle or repurpose materials.
Just as important is the attention we pay to our relationships with specialized trades and suppliers. This often translates to preferred vendor service and pricing for our clients.
Licensed General Contractor in the Following States:
North Carolina, License 73373
August 2013 - Present
South Carolina, License G115363
September 2009 - Present
Florida, License CGC1512892
February 2006 - Present
P.O. Box 470171
Charlotte, NC 28247